Since we are going to be living in Gemstone for a bit, and because Jason misses his fresh peas, we decided to put in a garden. Jason and I spent a quick hour or so laying out the borders of our garden. Yes I am actually getting a raised bed garden! The dirt should be arriving tomorrow and then the real work begins! Who would think I would be excited about more work?!
Anyway . . . back to the cookout . . . Connie suggested a "weeny roast" and that was all it took. We enjoyed hot dogs, strawberries, coleslaw, chips and salsa, green jello, Koolaid, toasted marshmallows and two original food ideas (pictures at the end).




4 comments:
Looks delicious!
I just love weeny roasts! We had one a couple weeks back. It made me miss Driggs and my perfect firepit and beautiful yard. There is something so relaxing about sitting around talking and poking at a fire. I also love a good roasted marshmallow!! The children can't get enough either! Glad you had a good time.
We planted our garden Monday! You will love watering (it's relaxing) and the satisfaction of eating your own produce!!
Looks fun and delicious. Good luck with the garden. What are you planning on trying?
Wow! That's pretty gourmet cookin'! I'd go for that. I don't care for s'mores at all.
Post a Comment