Well, here I sit in a low lit room in the hospital looking for something to do while Melissa rests from her labors. (pun intended!) What a special moment it is to be a dad again. It all still seems a bit unrealistic. Here in the hospital, surrounded by other mothers and freshly delivered babies, it seems that I’m just visiting someone else’s child. But come later tonight when we take her home with us, then it'll really sink in I think. Interesting that when you hold these little ones in your hands and look into their faces to try and comprehend who they are and who they’ll become. I’ve always felt a bit shy in that moment when we each introduce ourselves to each other and I attempt to welcome them into this simple family of ours. I know more than anyone else, that there are millions of better fathers out there than I can ever hope to be. I have many faults within me that have a negative effect on the lives that constantly surround me. I guess the reason I’m a bit shy is that I’m humbled to know they’ve chosen to come be with our family still the same.
As I sit here looking at my wife who is finally sleeping comfortably, I need to express my love and appreciation for her. It is so difficult to stand there during this process and be of no use or comfort to her. She did so great and yet again amazed us all with her abilities and strength in being a mother. She’s my Queen!
Well, we have lots of pictures of the event yet, we failed to bring our usb cable to transfer them over to the computer to put them on here. These images should be up by Sunday night.
Thank you to all of those who took the time to come see our new family addition.
Trick or Treat
11 years ago




3 comments:
You guys are awesome parents. That little girl is so lucky to come in to such a great family! We're so excited for you. She is beautiful!!
I enjoyed reading your post Jason! It was nice to read your thoughts. I am very happy for you guys. She is a beautiful baby. I agree Melissa did a wonderful job, and is a great example to those around her. She is one of few people who understand one of my goals, and I'm happy she met hers as well. She makes me feel that if she can and did do it.. then so can I! Thanks for being such wonderful loving family to us. We have had a lot of fun years together in good old IDAHO, and we'll definately miss you when we move.
Thank you for your thoughts Jason, they were very touching. I am excited for you guys and your new addition, thanks for allowing us to be a part of that. There is nothing comparable to when a new life comes into this world, they bring such a special spirit with them, thanks!
Chad
Post a Comment