February 20, 2009

2009 Race Day

One of the perks of attending Teton School District lies in their Winter Sport's Program. All children are required to participate in a winter activity to keep active during the long, cold months that we enjoy here in the valley. James and Makayla always choose Alpine Skiing (much to Jason's pleasure). Race Day occurs on the last day of skiing. So, this Tuesday Jason, Jenna and I drove up to Grand Targhee to watch James and Makayla compete.

Jason managed to capture a shot of Makayla; however, by the time we realized James was coming down the mountain it was too late to get a shot of him.


Here is Jenna on the way up to Targhee.

It was quite a job to hike up the hill, for me anyway, but it was worth it! Jason got a workout hauling not only Jenna, but me as well, up the hill. (Thankfully no snapshot of that!) The kids felt good about how they did and we celebrated with hot chocolates and pop tarts (James' choice) on the drive home.


2 comments:

Sharee said...

Such a cute picture of Jenna! I think it is awesome that your kids learn to ski so early. Bryce and I are thinking of converting to skiing actually (that would be when we get some money for it). Congrats on the blog...I am so excited that you joined the club:)

BrittanyLane said...

You made my day!! YAY a blog!!! It looks really, really cold. That's amazing. None of my kids have ever even seen anyone on skis.