April 18, 2010

Frolicing around the snowbanks

This probably seems an odd picture, but it is the best I got. Let me explain . . . the sun came out this weekend, so NATURALLY it is time to pull out the sprinkler and swimsuits - right?! Between this post and the last, you are surely convinced that my children are lucky to have survived this long. Just so you know, I firmly suggested that it wasn't warm enough for swimsuits yet, but they were undeterred. So after spraying themselves with the hose for an hour or so, they thought it would be fantastic idea to put the sprinkler under the trampoline and jump. At this point I put my foot down. It was after five o'clock and the temperature was starting to drop from the warm 50's :-). This picture is of Makayla and Jenna stomping off to the tramp. They were furious that I wouldn't do it and in rebellion refused to pose next to the snow bank in the front yard. Ahh, let us take a moment to reflect on the joys of raising strong-willed and determined children.

5 comments:

BrittanyLane said...

What a nice mom to let them don the swimming suits while the snow is still on the ground. Ellorie has been positively begging to run through the sprinklers. But it's a bit warmer here. Bring your suits this weekend. We'll hope for warm weather. : )

Nikki said...

Mine were running around the yard without shirts this weekend. And Harrison came up ready for school in shorts and a T-shirt one day last week. (it was still prett chilly that AM.) He grinned when he saw my face and said "Mom, it's my decision." I just sighed and gave him his breakfast. Mine are just like yours.

Sally said...

Hilarious! Swimsuits and snow on the ground. I've got a strong-willed child, she is only 18 months and I don't know what to do with her. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

that's so funny! My kids had to get swim suits on also and have a water fight!! It wasn't even 60 yet! Great pic with the snow pile right there! love it

Trina said...

Your a great mom to let your kids put swimming suits on in 50 degree weather. I love the picture of the kids in their suits in front of the snow. I have to laugh because here the lows are in the 50's and that seems cold to me.