June 28, 2009

Earrings

Does she look nervous? She should! After Makayla insisted on getting her ears pierced I told her exactly what to expect. Yes, I was torn! I had spent nine years trying to protect her from getting hurt and here she is wanting to deliberately pierce holes in her ears! And yet I was excited for her!? The maternal instinct is a strange thing.

Measuring. . .
Here we go!

Checking it out for the first time.
She was so excited she could hardly hold it in!
Makayla acted just a little more grown up that day! She is definately moving into the "tween" stage.

5 comments:

Sharee said...

How exciting!! I remember my experience very well but I had to get my ears pierced separately! SOOO much worse I assure you.

Brittany said...

Cute hair and cute new earings! She will love them!!

Nikki said...

Oh how exciting! A new do and her ears pierced! She is growing up! I am looking forward to this stuff!!

Harrison's birthday is this weekend. He's nine, too. He seems to be growing up, too!!!

Brooklyn said...

Oh the rite of passage of getting ears pierced...good times! I love her new hair cut too. Wish I could pull off the bob! :)

Aj Higgins said...

What a stylin' gal! Love the new do. Can not believe how fast she is growing! Hope all is well in your corner of the world@